Big Mindset Podcast
Launching a Jewelry Line to Celebrity Status
Oh my goodness. This woman has such a story, such a mission. This week we connected with Crystalyn Aucoin of Crystalyn Aucoin Jewelry. She has built a solid business over the past 18 months - so solid that you would think she has been in business for a decade.
Out of New Orleans, she has gone through personal tragedy that brought her to Houston and back home to New Orleans again. She emerged from that stronger: a single mom, a widow in her early 30s. A fire was lit within her - she fanned that flame and committed to diving into her dream, starting her own business in spite of those around her questioning, 'Why would you do something so hard, after you've just gone through something so painful?'
Entrepreneurs are used to that question...luckily the 'why' of it all is everything. The stronger your 'why', the stronger your will to build a sustainable business and the stronger your determination to leverage that business to impact and serve others.
This is a powerful one - here's a quick highlight of our discussion:
The Impact of COVID-19 on a Product-Based Business
- The shift she made when her manufacturers shut down
- Friendship bracelets and the importance of customer connection
- Adopting a creative solution to nudge a slower-moving product
The Importance of Mentors
- The support, coaching, and promotion of her product from Rachel Hollis
- The 1 key thing Jasmine Star personally told her to do in order to launch her business (she launched within one month of that advice!)
Coming Out of a Personal Tragedy Stronger
- Dealing with 'imposter syndrome'
- Pushing through when those around her doubted her goals
- Managing grief, being a single mom, a young widow, starting a business
- Coming to terms with new roles, titles, responsibilities, and expectations
Career Shifting: The Jump from Billboard Sales to Jewelry Design
- Creating an everyday jewelry line for women from work to the soccer field
- Jumping in with zero experience in building a business
- Leveraging online courses and content, hiring help
- Finding success in a male-dominated industry (yes, the jewelry industry is run mostly by men!)
- Empowering women to buy jewelry for themselves
- A special message for single moms and those going through hardships looking to start their own business
- Building the foundation: what you start with won't be what you finish with
- Learning while putting that learning into action
- Obstacles as a reminder of what you've accomplished and a way to prepare you for what's next
- The ultimate question, 'Is it really as hard as I'm making it out to be?'
- The money mindset - investing in yourself and your business
- Inspiring women through her story and journey
- Basing her business on connection and relationships
- Giving back to cancer-related initiatives to honor her husband Ryan
- Earning more to give back more
Muscle Creative Wrap-Up