Big Mindset Podcast
Double-Digit Growth During Crisis
Where do I start with this one? Andrew Rincon is owner of CraigO's Pizza & Pastaria in Lakeway, TX, currently one of the four independently owned locations in the Austin area. I was told of his heart and solid character and that we had to have him on the show! Our discussion reiterated what others had told me - heart of gold, this one. We discussed so much that is so valuable for fellow business owners to hear - Andrew is incredibly transparent.
Not sure if you've seen the news (or experienced it first-hand), but Texas was hit with historic snowfall, ice, and sub-zero temperatures in mid February. For a state that essentially never sees such weather, most were ill-prepared. Hundreds of thousands were without power, others were without water - some were without both…for DAYS. We discuss how Andrew, his team, and friends stepped up to serve the community during this time.
- Started in the restaurant business in 2006 at CraigO's
- Made the move to owning an insurance agency
- School, west Texas
- The restaurant business kept calling!
- He answered the call!
- Bought the CraigO's Lakeway location in 2018
- Over three years grew the business exponentially (we're talking consistent double-digit growth year over year)
- Successfully navigated a global pandemic and a snowstorm that shut down the city
- Implemented out-of-the-box ideas to thrive in the face of COVID-19 restrictions
- Shifted a business model mid-pandemic
- Discovered the foundation required to thrive in the midst of catastrophic challenges
- Adopted new tools such as Popmenu
- Steps to streamline a franchise for increased efficiency and productivity
- Implemented best operational practices for a growing brand and business
- The tweak to their marketing strategy that changed everything
- The power of the email list
- Really unplug when not at work. And take off your Apple Watch!
- Take time to recharge
- Cook for loved ones
- Meet-up with local business owners
If you could listen to one music artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? Turnpike Troubadours
Where can people find you online?