Big Mindset Podcast
How an Elite Athlete Leads His Gym Through COVID-19
The fitness industry is a crowded one, with every one and their neighbor seeming to have some sort of health and wellness related business. So to be in business for 15 years with no signs of slowing down (well, except for this pandemic the world is currently experiencing), is quite the feat. We had the pleasure of chatting with Harry Shaw, owner of Lakeway Elite Fitness, who not only has accomplished this but other impressive things as well…such as being one of 20 active Krav Maga 3rd Degree Black Belts in the world.
We cover everything from running what is considered a non-essential business during the pandemic of COVID-19 to pitfalls to watch out for when starting your own business all the way to the vision he has for his gym. Here's a few highlights:
- The painful process of applying for small business loans related to COVID-19
- How COVID-19 has impacted his gym, business operation shifts
- Turning a tough time in business into an opportunity by relying on your strengths
- His master plan for re-opening a gym post COVID-19
Starting and Growing a Business
- The story behind how he discovered Krav Maga and CrossFit
- How to cultivate an engaged community that supports your business goals
- Getting into debt for your business - is it ever a good idea?
- Who to leverage for business advice
- When business partnerships go south
- Exploring the tactic of not obsessively looking at your competitors
- 4 new habits to adopt to create a better you, a better business
- It's not all about the numbers - how tracking certain stats too closely can slow you down
Muscle Creative Wrap-Up
- If you could listen to only one music artist for the rest of your life who would it be? Johnny Cash
- Where can people find you online?