Big Mindset Podcast
A Fitness Empire Defies the Decades
A looooong time ago...I'm talkin' 15-20 years ago, my sister Jen told me about this incredible fitness pro named Lauren Brooks. Jen is one of the fittest people I know, so when she recommends someone, I listen. She mentioned that Lauren focused on fitness with kettlebells, had a ton of expertise, and was a genuine person.
I bought a few of her DVDs - you know, those things that look like CDs but play movies instead of music. Oh right, so, CDs are these round discs...ugh, forget it. I was hooked on her workouts and bought her Baby Bells workout when I was pregnant.
Fast forward to now and Lauran has grown (and continues to grow) her fitness empire. Long gone are the DVDs. In their place, an enormous digital library of workouts, a monthly membership called Lauren's Playground, a thriving community, and a lot more.
I'm honored to now call Lauren a friend as our entrepreneurial journeys have crossed in more ways than one. So grateful that she took time out to chat.
- How being severely bullied impacted the life she's built today
- Pioneering the kettlebell movement's growth in the United States
- Growing an empire in a male-dominated industry
- Building a sustainable business that spans generations and technology evolutions
- Creating a fitness career that leverages multiple incomes streams and passive income